Powerwerx Variable 30 Amp Desktop Power Supply with Digital Meters
This dual metered digital (Amps/Volts) power supply features user variable output (5~16 VDC) by adjusting the front mounted knob, or fixed 14.1 VDC output. Rear power output via 1/4" binding posts. Supplies up to 25 amps continuous, 28 amps surge.
The Powerwerx dual metered digital power supply model SPS-30DM is designed to supply 25 Amps continuous and 28 Amps surge. It features user variable output (5~16 VDC) by adjusting the front mounted knob, or fixed 14.1 VDC output. Power output is through the rear mounted 1/4" binding posts.
- Dual Metered Digital (Amps/Volts) Power Supply
- User Selectable variable output voltage from 5~16 VDC by adjusting the front mounted knob or fixed output at 14.1 VDC
- Rear Connection: 1/4 inch binding posts that also accept banana plugs or compression connections
Specifications Electrical specifications:
- Input Range: 100-120 VAC or 200-240 VAC, 50/60Hz (User switchable)
- Output Voltage: variable 5~16 VDC
- Output Amperage: 25 continuous, 28 surge
- Polarity Ground: Negative
- Internal Protection: Thermal, over current
- Internal Input Fuse: 6.3 Amps at 115 VAC
- Ripple Peak-to-Peak Max.
- Noise Peak-to-Peak Max.
- Operating temperature rating: 0 ~ 50 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 ~ 85 °C
- Meter Tollerance: ±3%
Physical dimensions and materials:
- Weight: 3.7 lbs. (59 oz.)
- Overall Dimensions: 6.1 x 5 x 2.5 in (154mm long, 127mm wide, 63mm tall)
- Fan: Quiet internal cooling fan
- Machined metal case front bezel
- Meets FCC CFR Title 47 Part 15 Subpart B: Class B, CISPR: 2005 ANSI C63.4: 2003
- Meets CE/LVD (Low-Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC) standard
- Meets EMC: EN 55022:206+A1: 2007, 2010, EN 61000-3-2:2006
Input Voltage Selection The power supply is set up for 230V AC input as shipped from the factory. For 115V AC applications, set the recessed 115/230 input select switch located on the rear of the power supply into the proper position. Positions are identified on the switch. Use a small screwdriver to slide the switch into position. No adjustment is necessary for either 50 or 60 Hz input.
- Land mobile radio base stations
- Communications systems
- Security systems
- Automotive & marine systems
- OEM applications
- Test equipment
- Electronic displays
- 12 Volt lighting systems
- GPS receivers
- DC computers
- Power Supply
- AC Power Cord, 4 ft.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I needed a small variable power supply for my test bench. This is nicely laid out and has two digital indicators for volts and amps, plus a knob to vary the voltage. I read that this is the same meter that MFJ sells, but theirs has a single analog meter and you have to switch back and forth between volts and amps. I like this one better.
I ordered this unit after some of my friends attended the Yuma HamFest and they had purchased one for their ham shacks. I ordered mine via their website and received it via FREE shipping. The unit deliveries exactly what is advertised.
Love this power supply! I'm just getting back into amateur radio after a 19 year hiatus. Since the wife and I are Full timers in a 5th wheel RV now, I decided I should ditch my heavy Astron power supply for something smaller and lighter and this one caught my eye. Very compact at about 4 lbs. My Yeasu FT890-AT calls for 13.5 volts and the variable voltage control stays spot on with no drift. Noise free from 80 through 10 meters. The LED meter display looks awseome! Very happy so far. Highly recomended!
I replaced my Astron power supply with the Powerwerx unit. It is much smaller in size and the digital meters provide a more accurate readout than the analog meters.